Altar serving at Good Shepherd is open to parish and school youth in Grade 4 and older (even adults!).
Our next training is: Saturday, April 22, 2023 from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Registration must be completed prior to attending. Click HERE to register.
Any questions regarding the server training should be sent to David Kirsch, Resident Seminarian.
[email protected] or 763-544-0416 ext. 814
Serving at the altar provides parish youth with the opportunity to contribute to the reverent celebration of Mass and to develop their own capacities in a safe and affirming environment.
- This experience will form your children in order, care, and poise.
- Serving teaches them to be responsible and punctual, and they learn to serve others generously and execute small details with care.
- They begin to acquire a good sense of closeness to God and commitment to the Holy Mass.
- Being an altar server fosters companionship among the children.
- They learn to share and distribute tasks, and the older servers teach and guide the younger servers.
- Serving at the altar also provides youth with an opportunity to collaborate with parishioners of different ages, to become comfortable in a public role, and to better discern their vocation.
- It requires a minimal time commitment and the benefit for both the servers and the parish far outweigh that cost.
Back to Top Share this page on